Dalgona French Toast (Giveaway)
Nové Chocolate and Dead Veggies Giveaway
This is our most delicious collaboration and giveaway yet! We are partnering with Matty Eaats and several others in honor of the launch of our new "Bloody Matty" cocktail mix. This amazing giveaway includes unreleased Bloody Matty mix, various Nové Luxury Chocolate bars flavors, a bottle of spicy raspberry coulis from Lost Boys, and plenty more! Follow us on Instagram @DeadVeggies for more details.
To add to this basket of goodies, we've created a new French toast recipe with a dalgona whipped coffee cream infused with Nové's Raspberry Bramble chocolate bar - the perfect addition to a Sunday brunch à la Dead Veggies!
Nové is luxury!
Nové is a luxury edible line based in Colorado creating filled, single-origin chocolates. Designed around artisan chef’s recipes that elevate familiar flavors with premium cacao, Nové is our first choice for indulgent and thoughtfully-sourced chocolate. Nové is also the newest addition to Medically Correct, the amazing team behind your favorite award-winning cannabis brands such as incredibles (infused chocolates and gummies), Clear Creek Extracts (concentrates and vape products), trupura CBD (hemp-derived consumables and topicals), and Quiq (marijuana-derived, fast-acting consumables and topicals).
What is Dalgona coffee?
Dalgona coffee is a whipped coffee drink made with instant coffee, sugar, milk, and water. The coffee is layered with a frothy, whipped coffee cream on top and iced or hot milk on the bottom. Because it’s such a simple drink to make, many people have been inspired to make their own variations, including ones made with matcha and pumpkin spice.
Dalgona French Toast
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 T Instant Coffee
- 4 T Granulated Sugar
- 1 bar Nové Raspberry Bramble (50mg THC, 12.5mg per serving)
- 4 T Hot Water
- 3 ea. Eggs, Whole
- 2 cups Milk, Whole
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 T Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 8 thick slices Korean Milk Bread (substitute with shokupan, Texas toast, or brioche)
- 2 cups Fresh Raspberries
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- Whipped Cream (Optional)
Spicy Raspberry Coulis (Optional)
- 1 cups Fresh raspberries
- 1 cups Granulated sugar
- 1 cups Water
- ½ ea. Jalapeno
- 1 T Korean Chili Flake (gochugaru)
- 5 oz Smuckers (or your favorite) raspberry jam
- 1 oz. Elderflower liqueur (we used St. Germain)
- 1 ea. Lemon juice/zest
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
Dalgona Whipped Coffee
- Dissolve the instant coffee, sugar, and Nové Raspberry Bramble bar with hot water inside a mixing bowl. To adjust the dosage, add more or less Raspberry Bramble (divide the total mg’s by 4 to calculate mg/serving)
- Using a whisk, hand mixer, or stand mixer, whip the mixture for about 5-8 minutes until stiff peaks form. Scrape down the sides to ensure every bit gets whipped. Keep cool in the fridge until ready to DEVOUR.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, eggs, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside briefly until ready to use.
- In a 10-inch or 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Shake off the excess egg mixture from the bread and place the bread slices onto the hot skillet. Season lightly with salt and pan-fry each slice until golden brown (about 2-3 minutes), then flip to cook the other side.
- Serve immediately with dalgona whipped coffee, spicy raspberry coulis, fresh raspberries, a light dusting of cocoa powder, and a few Dead Veggies bloody Mary's for an indulgent treat.
Spicy Raspberry Coulis
- In a small sauce pot, combine all ingredients except lemon juice/zest. Bring to a boil, then immediately turn down the heat to low and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the juice/zest of one lemon.
- Remove the seeds with a strainer or chinois and transfer to the fridge to cool down.
The romantic chemistry between cannabis and chocolate is undeniable
This recipe is just a sampling of all the ways you can enjoy cannabis and food together, especially when using chocolate edibles. Feeling inspired? Head to Nové's blog to check out even more cannabis-infused recipes!